Monic Precision Dry Line
Monic Precision Dry Line
Weight Forward Floating 3-6 wt
Taper: Precision Dry Fly
Core: Zero-Stretch GSP Core
Ideal Temp Range: +10C & Above
Weight: AFFTA Standard (see weight chart below)
Loops: Reinforced Welded Loops on Both Ends
Head Length: 11,6m
Monic’s Precision Dry Fly taper was designed specifically with the hardcore dry fly enthusiast in mind. The extended front taper allows for the most accurate and delicate presentations to lay those tiny dries on the water like a feather exactly where you need it. The head also incorporates a handling section after the rear taper to improve loop stability and to help the angler make on-water mends from greater distances.
This line utilizes our zero-stretch GSP (gel spun polyethylene) core for a very unique and ultra-sensitive fly fishing experience. The no-stretch properties of the GSP give the angler superior control while casting and creates exceptional line speed for increased distance and quick repositioning of your presentation. Additionally, the zero-stretch provides the angler with unmatched sensitivity. You will be able to feel even the smallest of strikes as well as the tiny ticks of your fly as it bumps through bottom structure of the waters. Hook-sets can be quick and effortless, even small strip-sets from 60 plus feet are effective as no force is lost from the rod to the tip of your fly line.
The slight rigidness of the GSP makes it the perfect core material for those warm weather fishing environments. It will help to maintain the fly line’s original stiffness even in the extreme temps of the tropics. No more trying to cast a wet spaghetti noodle on those extra warm days.
The tried and true Skyline coating has delivered high performance and extreme durability for years. This clear and naturally buoyant polymer blend creates a stealthy and unobtrusive fly line. The only coloring present in our Skyline series is the light blue shade of the thin diameter GSP core showing through the clear top-coat. This results in a lighter shadow produced under the water as well as a reduction in light flash while overhead casting compared to thicker opaque colored lines, decreasing your chances of spooking fish.
The toughness of the Skyline coating produces a more durable, longer lasting fly line compared to most conventional PVC constructed fly lines. Its high abrasion resistance helps these lines hold up in some of the most brutal fishing conditions where rough coral, sharp rocks, and heavy surf can break down other lines in just a few outings.
All Precision Dry Skylines are weighted at the AFFTA standards. You can see the weight ranges in the chart pictured here (weights are measured from the first 30 ft of the head)
#3, #4, #5, #6
Recently viewed products
Monic Advanced Trout Lines999 krSelect options
Monic Advanced Trout Lines
(Earlier named Icicle)
Weight Forward Floating 4-8wt
All line from MONIC are free of PVC!
Core: Low-Stretch Braided Fiber
Ideal Temp Range: +38C down to freezing
Weight: Half Size Above AFFTA Standard
Loops: Reinforced Welded Loops On Both Ends
Breaking strengths: 25lb for 4-6wt, 35lb for 7-9wt
Head Length: 11m
Douglas Metal Wheatley Fly Boxes749 kr – 1390 krSelect options
Douglas Metal Wheatley Fly Boxes
Douglas fly boxes in the iconic Richard Wheatley original design. These aluminum fly boxes are 12,5 or 15,5cm long and 9,5cm wide and 3,0cm deep.
Available in either dual-foam lids, or foam lid with 8 or 10 compartments in the base.
The compartments are spring loaded and each one is tested in the Wheatley workshop before being packaged for delivery.
These high-end fly boxes are hand made in the USA.
Dr. Slick Mitten Scissor Clamp, 6″, Textured Rubber Handles, Straight, Tapered Jaw, (1/2) – CMS6CFO(BK)399 krSelect options
Dr. Slick Mitten Scissor Clamp, 6″, Textured Rubber Handles, Straight, Tapered Jaw, (1/2) – CMS6CFO(BK)
- Half Smooth and Half Cross-Hatch Jaw Structure
- Available in Straight Jaw Only
- Pin-In Jaw
- Wrist Lanyard Included
- 6 inch
- Satin with Orange Rubber Handles: NFD711-CMS6CFO
- Black with Black Rubber Handles: NFD712-CMS6CFBK
Taylor Anomaly Z Rods9990 krSelect options
Taylor Anomaly Z Rods
– Medium-fast to fast action / ultra-fast recovery speed
– Ultra-high modulus carbon fiber and graphene blank
– Carbon fiber with custom aluminum reel seat
– Raw, un-sanded blank with matte blue finish
– Flor-grade thin ring cork handle
– Best in class swing weight
– Laser engraved cream/blue aluminum tube with fast dry rod sock
– Titanium recoil single foot guides
– Cericoil titanium stripping guides
– Alignment dots with rod length and weight on ferrules
– Light weight (5wt — 76gram only)
– Saltwater safe in all sizes (no fighting butt)
– Available in 8’6ft 4wt and 9ft in 5wt and 6wt,
Taylor Dynamix Rods3490 krSelect options
Taylor Dynamix Rods
– Fast-medium fast action / medium-fast recovery speed
– High modulus, carbon fiber blank
– Engraved burl-wood reel seat with satin silver hardware
– Lightly sanded blank with deep blue gloss finish
– AAA grade cork handle
– Cordura rod tube with matching rod sock
– Hard chrome single foot (3wt, 4wt, 5wt, 6wt) and snake guides (8wt)
– Chrome stripping guides with hard inserts
– Alignment dots
– Saltwater safe in 8wt
– Available as
10’6ft 3wt Euro Nymph
9ft 5wt, 6wt and 8wt (6wt with and without Fighting Butt)