Monic Phantom Tip – Permit
Monic Phantom Tip – Permit
Specialized Tropical Saltwater line for Permit!
Colour: Green with 15foot clear tip
Weights: 8, 9 and 10
Head Length: 15,0m
Breaking strength: 45lb
Weight Forward – Floating Line
This taper has been designed specifically for the Permit enthusiast, offering all the needs of a perfect line for targeting one of the spookiest species on the planet. By using a very gradual front head design that steps up into a long 20ft belly section, this allows the angler to make long casts with extreme accuracy and provide the most delicate of presentations. While the thicker belly will help turn your line over in the wind and cast those heavier crab patterns with ease.
This new Phantom Tip series uses Monic’s new semi-stiff low-stretch saltwater core. The minimal stretch allows for excellent sensitivity and powerful hook-sets while still allowing to anneal/straighten the line easily with a simple hand stretch. This added stiffness will also help retain the character of the line in extreme heat.
The Phantom Tip series coating provides the angler with the ultimate stealth presentation fly line. The Phantom Tip version provides the best of both worlds, with a 15 foot clear stealth tip, while the remainder of the line is a bright green color making it easier to track the line in the air and on top of the water to give the angler a reference point for their fly. Most fish species, due to how their bodies are constructed as well as their feeding patterns, generally focus their eyes forward and up toward the surface of the water. This is why many fish can spook or become hesitant to feed if they can see thick bright fly lines casting overhead or lying across the top of the water. With the Phantom Tip this is not an issue! This naturally buoyant coating has been expertly formulated for outstanding clarity while minimizing shine from sunlight to create a fly line that is nearly invisible on the waters surface. Its extremely smooth texture-free surface produces very little friction between the line and rod guides allowing you to shoot line with ease whether its cold or warm. The toughness of the Phantom Tip coating produces a more durable, longer lasting fly line compared to most conventional PVC constructed fly lines. Its high abrasion resistance helps these lines hold up in some of the most brutal fishing conditions where rough coral, sharp rocks, and heavy surf can break down other lines in just a few outings. This allows the Phantom Tips to be taken from freshwater to the grueling salt without having to worry about cracks, dry rot, and delamination.
Phantom Tip – Permit lines are weighted on the heavy side of the true AFFTA standards. You can see the weight ranges in the chart pictured here (weights are measured from the first 30 ft of the head). All of our lines manufactured here at Monic are constructed at or just above the AFFTA standards. Many fly lines in today’s market are vastly over-weighted, sometimes up to 3 sizes. At Monic, we understand that not every angler is using a fast action rod or wants an ultra-heavy fly line forced into their hands. That is why we want to leave the decision up to you. After all, nobody knows your rod and fishing style better than you do.
#8, #9, #10
Recently viewed products
Dr. Slick XBC Mitten Scissor Clamp, 5″, Colour of choice, Straight – CMS5COLOUR36 €Select options
Dr. Slick XBC Mitten Scissor Clamp, 5″, Colour of choice, Straight – CMS5COLOUR
- Straight jaw
- Half smooth and half cross hatch jaw
- Green, Blue, Red, Yellow, Pink, Orange, Black or White
Douglas Metal Wheatley Fly Boxes68 € – 126 €Select options
Douglas Metal Wheatley Fly Boxes
Douglas fly boxes in the iconic Richard Wheatley original design. These aluminum fly boxes are 12,5 or 15,5cm long and 9,5cm wide and 3,0cm deep.
Available in either dual-foam lids, or foam lid with 8 or 10 compartments in the base.
The compartments are spring loaded and each one is tested in the Wheatley workshop before being packaged for delivery.
These high-end fly boxes are hand made in the USA.
Taylor Series-1 Reels405 € – 423 €Select options
Taylor Series-1 Reels
– Multiple standard colors (Slate Grey, Golden Olive, Ruby Red, Offshore Blue)
– Watertight sealed drag system (salt-water safe)
– Hard anodized exterior for both beauty and protection
– Carbon-fiber drag system
– Highly ported yet ridged frame design
– Ultra large arbor design for fast retrieve and minimal line coil.
– Cold-Forged and machined from aerospace 6061 T6 Aluminum
– Reel clicks on both incoming and outgoing
– Convertible to both left and right hand retrieve
– Reels come in a tough neoprene case- Two-tone anodized reel frame
wt4-6: 136 grams and 95mm diameter
wt7-9: 147 grams and 106mm diameter (NFD recommends this one for wt 6-8)
OnTheDropper FlexiSpoolStrap13 € – 18 €Select options
This is OnTheDroppers own version of Spool Straps!
It hold the tippet material perfectly in place and sticks straight out so its very easy and fast to get hold of the end of the nylon/flourcarbon!
Sold as 4pcs or 8pcs.
8 different colours
OnTheDropper is a Swedish company with many smart product ideas helping fly fishers and fly tyers.
Products are manufactured using 3D printers and with 100% petroleum free plastics.
They only use plantbased plastics.
Taylor Phenom MII Rods540 € – 558 €Select options
Taylor Phenom MII Rods
– Medium-Fast action / Tip curve / Medium-fast recovery speed
– Cherry-red blank
– Saltwater safe on rods with carbon spacer
– Raw, unsanded blank with durable clear coat
– AAA high-grade cork handle with composite accents
– Comes with rod sock and red cordura tube
– Hard-chrome snake guides and SIC ceramic stripping guides
– Alignment dots with rod length and weight on ferrules
– Engraved wood (freshwater) or Carbon fiber (saltwater) reel seat
– Blank matching red thread with silver accents
– Available in 8’6ft 4wt and 9ft in 5wt, 6wt, 8wt and 10wt
Dr. Slick Cyclone Nipper NATC Gold and Green Aluminum Frame36 €Select options
Dr. Slick Cyclone Nipper NATC Gold and Green Aluminum Frame
Cutting edge nippers for the new age tippet materials. Super sharp Tungsten Carbide blades are
mounted on a lightweight 6061-T6 anodized aluminum frame and make short work of most, if not
all, tippet material from braid up to 20lb coated wire.
Available in straight or offset cutting face and both units come with replacement T.C. cutters,
screws, hex key, and a steel retention ring.
Oros Strike Indicator 3 on card15 €Select options
Oros Strike Indicator 3 on card
Easy to use!
1. Unscrew top
2. Place line in screw slot
3. Screw on top until the screw and nut grips the line
4. Unscrew ¼ turn to adjust up or down
5. Don’t over-tighten.
Features and details:
• Recommended line weights by size: small – 5X and lower, medium – 4X or lower, large –
3X or lower
• Does not kink the line
• Float as much or more weight than the current leading brands.
• Smooth surface developed to repel water and dirt, and create less drag while casting
• Made with a Biodegradable additive that accelerates biodegradation with prolonged
exposure in natural environments, not in normal use
• Strike indicator top and bottom colors can be mixed or matched by anglers for optimal
X-Small 10mm dia
Small 16mm dia
Medium 21mm dia
Large 26mm dia