Monic Icicle Line
959 kr – 959 kr
Weight Forward Floating 4-12 wt Freshwater & Saltwater
All line from MONIC are free of PVC!
Core: Low-Stretch Braided Fiber
Ideal Temp Range: +38C down to freezing
Weight: Half Size Above AFFTA Standard
Loops: Reinforced Welded Loops On Both Ends
Monic’s aggressive Javelin Taper is perfect for any angler seeking a more aggressive and easy casting line. The front-loaded design of the Javelin allows the angler to shoot line with ease when long casts are necessary or when windy conditions are a hindrance. Its more aggressive nature makes the line great for turning over cumbersome flies such as streamers, poppers, or heavy nymph and indicator rigs. Additionally, the increased mass in the initial belly portion of the head will more effectively load your rod with less line out – making for more efficient casts at close range.
The Icicle utilizes a supple and relaxed braided fiber core. The low-to-moderate stretch rating gives the angler some shock absorbing properties and the ability to stretch the line by hand for relaxation, while still allowing for lower effort hook-sets. The core alone, by nature, holds zero reel memory helping to create a fly line that remains relaxed even while fishing in below-freezing temperatures.
The Icicle coating was designed to perform at a high level in all four seasons. The advanced coating blend will remain supple in colder temperatures while avoiding tack or stickiness during the warmer summer months or in tropical environments. The plastics involved are 100% naturally buoyant, creating a high-floating fly line that will NOT begin to sink over time.
Unlike many other fly lines that tend to lose their slickness due to surface treatments or chemicals leeching out of the plastic, Monic’s Icicle coating utilizes our proprietary STS slickness technology that has been expertly formulated and uniformly mixed within the plastic blend. This results in an extremely low friction surface that will shoot through rod guides like a dream but will NOT dissipate or migrate out of the plastic during the life of the line. This means, with occasional cleaning, your line will cast the same seasons later as it did right out of the package, even if fished in hard saltwater environments.
As with all Monic Fly Lines, the Icicle boasts superb durability. The non-PVC coating will NOT leech chemicals, absorb water, or begin to break down merely from regular use. You should expect 2-3 times the lifespan compared to a traditional PVC based fly line.
All Icicle Javelin Taper lines are a half size above the AFFTA standards. You can see the weight ranges in the chart pictured below (weights are measured from the first 30 ft of the head). All of our lines manufactured here at Monic are constructed at or just above the AFFTA standards. Many fly lines in today’s market are vastly over-weighted, sometimes up to 3 sizes. At Monic, we understand that not every angler is using a fast-action rod or wants an ultra-heavy fly line forced into their hands. That is why we want to leave the decision up to you. After all, nobody knows your rod and fishing style better than you do.
#4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12
Douglas Upstream Rods5899 kr – 6999 krSelect options
Upstream! Carbon fiber rods with glass fiber feeling!
Medium and deep action
Down-locking reel seat
Upstream 3662: 6’6ft #3 , 32 grams, 2 sections
Upstream 3706: 7’0ft #3 , 47 grams, 6 sections
Upstream 3734: 7’3ft #3 , 40 grams, 4 sections
Upstream 3766: 7’6ft #3, 49 grams, 6 sections
Upstream 2804: 8’0ft #2, 40 grams, 4 sections
Upstream 3806: 8’0ft #3, 49 grams, 6 sections
Upstream 3834: 8’3ft #3, 45 grams, 4 sections
Upstream 4884: 8’8ft #4, 48 grams, 4 sections
Douglas LRS Single Hand Rods3999 kr – 4199 krSelect options
Inexpensive high end single hand rods!
LRS F4764: 7’6ft, #4 , 75 grams
LRS F5864: 8’6ft, #5, 81 grams
LRS F5904: 9’0ft, #5, 82 grams
LRS F6904: 9’0ft, #6, 87 grams
LRS F7904: 9’0ft, #7, 113 grams (Saltwater rod!)
All these LRS rods has a rather fast action, although not as fast as Sky and Sky G rods
Bassdash Polarized UV Protection Sunglasses470 kr – 470 krSelect options
- Lightweight TR90 nylon frame offers consistent fit and flexibility at any temperature; Impact resistant Triacetate (TAC) lenses sharpen contrast and provide higher definition.
- Polarized lenses reduce visible glare from water and overall optical distortion for increased visual clarity and decreased eye strain; UV protection layer blocks 100% of the harmful UVA, UVB, and blue light up to 400um.
- PE protective outer layers are water and oil resistant, to avoid scratches and coating damage of lenses, clean your lenses with a microfiber cloth and rinse with freshwater, never dip them into saltwater.
- Dimensions: Frame width – 14,3cm, Bridge width – 1,8cm, Lens width – 5,8cm, Lens height – 3,8cm, Temple length – 12,4cm.
- Package comes with a pair of sunglasses, a microfiber cleaning cloth, a drawstring pouch, a molded hard case and a paper box.
Douglas Sky G S6904 Saltwater10999 krAdd to cart
All Douglas rods in the Sky G series are made of Graphene which makes them light, strong and with very fast recovery and very low swing weight!
Line Weight: 6
With fighting but and full aluminum reel seat
Yellowstone Angler’s WINNER of BEST 9ft weight 6 rod in 2021!!
Zen Tenkara Grab’n’Go Kit3790 krAdd to cart
- Zako Tenkara Fly Fishing Rod
- EVA Foam Spool/Tenkara Line Holder, preloaded with:
- Hi-Vis, Furled & Tapered, 11ft Uni Thread Tenkara Fly Line
- 12 Sakasa Kebari Tenkara Flies
- Re-usable Plastic Fly Box
- Spare Tenkara Fly Rod Tip
- Tenkara Fly Rod Sock
- Tenkara Fly Rod Carbon Fiber Travel Case
- Rod Length Collapsed w/ Cap: 21 inch
- Rod Length Extended: 12 inch
- Handle Length: 10.65 inch
- Case Length: 23 inch
- Rod Weight w/o Cap: 85gram
- Rod Weight w Cap: 91gram
- Total Weight (Rod, Sock and Case): 243gram
- Flex: 6:4