Beulah Aero Mid Belly Shooting Head line
999 kr – 999 kr
Mid belly Spey shooting head
Available in full line weights from 27 to 52 gram (410 to 810grain)
Lengths from 41 to 62 feet
Beulah AERO HEAD is our version of a “modern” mid belly spey shooting head. The new taper is designed to optimize distance by less stripping and shooting as with Scandinavian and Skagit shooting heads. Beulah AERO HEAD delivers…well…arrow head shaped, high line speed loops that turn over positively at all distances.
“Modern” Mid Belly line refers to the fact that mid belly lines have largely fallen out of favor with fisherman in the past few years. We believe the problem is that mid length lines were originated for 14’0” 9 wt. – 16’0” 11 wt. Spey rods. As rod companies, shops, guides, and fisherman moved to lighter rods from 12’0” – 13’6” 6 and 7 wt. rods, the mid belly lines no longer matched the shorter/lighter two-handers. The solution in our eyes was to create an updated taper that is easy to cast and fun2fish featuring high line speed and insanely positive turn-over. Match them by length and grain weight to the rods Spey fisherman are likely looking to use.
This is a mid belly shooting head which is another off-shoot from tradition. Shooting head as opposed to an integrated full line was an easy decision for a variety of reasons. 1) Most two-handed fly fisherman HAVE a running line preference. Whether you prefer int. flat mono, round floating mono or PVC/PU coated running line from 0.019 – 0.037 the choice is yours. 2) Shooting Head is much more economical. Fully integrated mid/long lines are now well over the $100 range. Aero Heads are roughly half of that price making it easy to build a full set of lines around your spey quiver. 3) Changing out a line? The wind kicks up, the water rises, the temperature drops…our Beulah Aero Head shooting heads give the ability for a quick line change w/o necessity for spare spools/reels.
Similar to a Scandinavian line design, the power or weight is in the back of our new Aero Head (closest to running line) coupled with a short rear taper that keeps the caster directly connected to the feel and delivery of the line. The front taper is designed for tight loops, distance and turnover. There is no front loop specifically designed to optimize Aero Head flight and turn over!
Beulah Aero Heads are designed for 9 – 12” mono filament leaders to optimally balance out a line to rod system. These are excellent tapers and have some ability for light sinking leaders/sink tips with coupled with slightly larger, slightly heavier flies.
410gr, 450gr, 510gr, 575gr, 640gr, 810gr
Douglas Upstream Rods5899 kr – 6999 krSelect options
Upstream! Carbon fiber rods with glass fiber feeling!
Medium and deep action
Down-locking reel seat
Upstream 3662: 6’6ft #3 , 32 grams, 2 sections
Upstream 3706: 7’0ft #3 , 47 grams, 6 sections
Upstream 3734: 7’3ft #3 , 40 grams, 4 sections
Upstream 3766: 7’6ft #3, 49 grams, 6 sections
Upstream 2804: 8’0ft #2, 40 grams, 4 sections
Upstream 3806: 8’0ft #3, 49 grams, 6 sections
Upstream 3834: 8’3ft #3, 45 grams, 4 sections
Upstream 4884: 8’8ft #4, 48 grams, 4 sections
Douglas LRS Single Hand Rods3999 kr – 4199 krSelect options
Inexpensive high end single hand rods!
LRS F4764: 7’6ft, #4 , 75 grams
LRS F5864: 8’6ft, #5, 81 grams
LRS F5904: 9’0ft, #5, 82 grams
LRS F6904: 9’0ft, #6, 87 grams
LRS F7904: 9’0ft, #7, 113 grams (Saltwater rod!)
All these LRS rods has a rather fast action, although not as fast as Sky and Sky G rods
Bassdash Polarized UV Protection Sunglasses470 kr – 470 krSelect options
- Lightweight TR90 nylon frame offers consistent fit and flexibility at any temperature; Impact resistant Triacetate (TAC) lenses sharpen contrast and provide higher definition.
- Polarized lenses reduce visible glare from water and overall optical distortion for increased visual clarity and decreased eye strain; UV protection layer blocks 100% of the harmful UVA, UVB, and blue light up to 400um.
- PE protective outer layers are water and oil resistant, to avoid scratches and coating damage of lenses, clean your lenses with a microfiber cloth and rinse with freshwater, never dip them into saltwater.
- Dimensions: Frame width – 14,3cm, Bridge width – 1,8cm, Lens width – 5,8cm, Lens height – 3,8cm, Temple length – 12,4cm.
- Package comes with a pair of sunglasses, a microfiber cleaning cloth, a drawstring pouch, a molded hard case and a paper box.
Douglas Sky G S6904 Saltwater10999 krAdd to cart
All Douglas rods in the Sky G series are made of Graphene which makes them light, strong and with very fast recovery and very low swing weight!
Line Weight: 6
With fighting but and full aluminum reel seat
Yellowstone Angler’s WINNER of BEST 9ft weight 6 rod in 2021!!
Zen Tenkara Grab’n’Go Kit3790 krAdd to cart
- Zako Tenkara Fly Fishing Rod
- EVA Foam Spool/Tenkara Line Holder, preloaded with:
- Hi-Vis, Furled & Tapered, 11ft Uni Thread Tenkara Fly Line
- 12 Sakasa Kebari Tenkara Flies
- Re-usable Plastic Fly Box
- Spare Tenkara Fly Rod Tip
- Tenkara Fly Rod Sock
- Tenkara Fly Rod Carbon Fiber Travel Case
- Rod Length Collapsed w/ Cap: 21 inch
- Rod Length Extended: 12 inch
- Handle Length: 10.65 inch
- Case Length: 23 inch
- Rod Weight w/o Cap: 85gram
- Rod Weight w Cap: 91gram
- Total Weight (Rod, Sock and Case): 243gram
- Flex: 6:4