Beulah TONIC Skagit Shooting Head Line
81 € – 90 €
Beulah TONIC Skagit Shooting Head Line
Skagit heads in three lengths:
The TONIC is Beulah’s Compact Skagit style switch and spey floating head.
A few improvements have been made to this head. Beulah re-engineered the loops, changed the line color, and added line ID on the front loop to help keep you organized. Slight improvements to the head taper will also improve turn over and casting control for bullet shaped loops even while you are casting up to 15 feet of T-14 and a heavy copper tube. This head is a workhorse; designed to satisfy your sink tip and large/heavy fly needs. For Switch try sinking tips 6-10’ in the 60-110 grain window; for Spey use tips in the 6-15’ range with a grain window of 60-168 grains depending on rod weight. We offer the Tonic in both switch and Spey grain sizes and lengths.
Beulah’s Tonic Heads have been designed to be just over 2 times rod length this allows for sink tips in a wide full range of lengths and grain weights combined with moderate to large and heavy flies to be presented with ease and grace. These lines are generally designed to cast with sustained anchor techniques including the Snap “T” or “C” and Double Spey. With the right touch, splash and go casts like Single Speys and Snake Rolls aren’t out of the question.
How is Beulah’s Tonic different from most other Skagit style Heads? Most Skagit style heads are designed with the majority of the profile as a large diameter with out much taper to move the mass of sink tips and large/heavy flies. Crude, effective, but,…..not pretty. Beulah’s new Tonic V2 can be dissected into four areas of line profile to improve casting, control and line flight: A Short Rear steep taper that connects to your running line allows for the line to quickly collapse into bullet shaped tight loops. The rear taper then melds into the belly or body of the line which carries the majority of the lines weight (in grains) close to your rod tip allowing for instant load, and the ability to work tight casting spaces. From there, the lines feature a condensed continuous taper to a large diameter tip which connects to and handles all of your sink tip and large or heavy fly needs.
|Length & Weight||
Short175gr, Short200gr, Short225gr, Short250gr, Short275gr, Short300gr, Switch325gr, Switch350gr, Switch375gr, Switch400gr, Switch425gr, Switch450gr, Switch475gr, Switch500gr, Switch525gr, Spey450gr, Spey475gr, Spey500gr, Spey525gr, Spey550gr, Spey575gr
Recently viewed products
Dr. Slick XBC Mitten Scissor Clamp, 5″, Colour of choice, Straight – CMS5COLOUR36 €Select options
Dr. Slick XBC Mitten Scissor Clamp, 5″, Colour of choice, Straight – CMS5COLOUR
- Straight jaw
- Half smooth and half cross hatch jaw
- Green, Blue, Red, Yellow, Pink, Orange, Black or White
Taylor Series-1 Reels405 € – 423 €Select options
Taylor Series-1 Reels
– Multiple standard colors (Slate Grey, Golden Olive, Ruby Red, Offshore Blue)
– Watertight sealed drag system (salt-water safe)
– Hard anodized exterior for both beauty and protection
– Carbon-fiber drag system
– Highly ported yet ridged frame design
– Ultra large arbor design for fast retrieve and minimal line coil.
– Cold-Forged and machined from aerospace 6061 T6 Aluminum
– Reel clicks on both incoming and outgoing
– Convertible to both left and right hand retrieve
– Reels come in a tough neoprene case- Two-tone anodized reel frame
wt4-6: 136 grams and 95mm diameter
wt7-9: 147 grams and 106mm diameter (NFD recommends this one for wt 6-8)
Monic Henley Clear Phantom Tip Line90 €Select options
Monic Henley Clear Phantom Tip Line
Weight Forward Floating 5-12 Wt
Freshwater & Saltwater
Core: MoniCORE Proprietary Monofilament
Ideal Temp Range: +7C & above
Weight: Half-Size Above AFFTA Standard (see weight chart below)
Loops: Reinforced Welded Loops on Both Ends
Head Length: 10,7m
Breaking strength: 30lb
Wingo Fish Skin Gloves Freshwater 202245 €Select options
Wingo Fish Skin Gloves Freshwater 2022
- All Wingo Sun Protection products tested as UPF 50+.
- Available in 3 patterns: Brown Trout, Brook Trout and Rainbow Trout
- Packaged and sold as a pair of gloves
- Lightweight, comfortable, quick-drying polyester to keep you protected from the elements
- Padded palms to protect key abrasion points
- Great for fishing and other outdoor/water sports